Yukino Moro (3)

When I was growing up, I always watched anime. I love anime so much that it inspired my art and concept of beauty. I would usually draw thin, lithe figures when I draw people. In animes, most of the characters there were drawn the same way. Usually, the eyes of my drawings would also be big and round but there are times that I would draw almond eyes instead, so I can add an Asian feel to my figures. Even the hairstyles of my figures would be noticeably asian. I would usually style the hair of my drawings according to the anime that I was watching at the time. Even the clothes of my drawings are affected. Kimonos and obi sashes are among my favorite clothes for my drawings. Since a lot of animes have pointy ears, much like an elf, I would also fashion the ears like that. For me, those characteristics would add up to what I call beauty.

The picture above is entitled "Yukino." I really don't have any particular reason. After I drew that picture of an elvish Japanese girl, I started thinking what to call it and it came to me that I should call her that. It might sound crazy but I could swear I heard a voice from the picture. "What can I call you?" I asked.

"Yukino... ," the picture said to me.

Call me a liar but that's really how I came to get that name for that drawing.

I intended to color that picture but I decided against it because I know that I am not really blessed with a natural eye for color. Sometimes, I would ruin a perfectly good drawing due to a vain attempt of coloring it. It was a good decision actually. I forgot when I drew that picture. Most probably a few years back. I found the original sketch in one of my old portfolios in my book case and since I bought a scanner, I decided to scan it and upload it here. The picture was drawn on oslo paper using a black ball point pen. I guess it took me about 2 nights drawing that because I was never satisfied with just a foreground. The background came in later and if you will notice, the background was blackened by a cross hatched stroke. backgrounds are another bane to my artistic career. Thank goodness that this turned out to be just fine. I hope you enjoy looking at it.

Until next time! Ciao!

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin