88860366_11ed6f0ce4_o Out of the Darkness 2

Out of the Darkness 3 Out of the Darkness 4

For some reason, I cannot stop myself from thinking about darkness and light. Yesterday, I saw several movies on HBO and the opposition of light and darkness kept popping up and kept on grabbing my attention. While watching, I wrote some notes about the meaning of those two words for me but I will need to reserve those for another blog post. What I am really interested in posting today are some of my dark art.

The first picture is of me and the rest were digitally distorted through Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition. Thank you, CS3, by the way! Because of you, I was able to artistically distort my face and become a monster. Why a monster, though? Looking at the time stamp when the files were created, I found out that I was in the dark phase of my life. Except for the original, the other three were done around January 31st, 2008.

I don't really know why I did this set. I was just exhilarated to try out the CS3, I guess. Hmm, I wonder! Perhaps, I was just trying to concretize the idea that I had, or rather, a question: "How would I look like if I was a monster?" I guess I answered it in those 3 pictures, huh?!

Oh well, since this is just a randomly blurted posted, I will just finish it off right now. I now have to think of some other project to do or entry to post here in my blog.

Comments (4)

On September 24, 2008 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous said...

nice rendering. i wish i could tinket with cs3 too. i have an slr but i don't know how to do post-processing with photoshop. maybe someday. :-)

 
On September 25, 2008 at 1:41 AM , Rchrd said...

oh thanks emjay. i have found this nice site called psdtuts that gives tutorials for photoshop. maybe it can help you

 
On September 27, 2008 at 10:47 PM , Unknown said...

PS made you scary as hell! greeny monster! You look like an alien in the bottom right.

 
On September 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Rchrd said...

haha! Thanks! That was the idea. Ü

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin