How convenient for me the rain fell before your tears
affording me to share one last moment with you
under my umbrella.


Every drop, wet
dreadfully cold, taunting you to stay
under my umbra of tempting warmth and dryness.


Your vain effort to stop the rain from falling:
You reached out to catch a drop
on your palm. It still fell, heavy
embodiment of sorrow,


loss


-of the cloud that failed to hold on
-of the wind not being able to return the drops.


Words condensed on my lips,
waiting for the moment
when air gives way to thunder.


How convenient for you that the rain lingered on.
Every word that rolled off my lips
merely fell into the dark
glassy puddle the rain filled
to reflect my bowed head.


Finally, I managed to plead for you to stay.
You nearly did


but conveniently,
the rain went away.

(August 5th, 2003)

This was a poem I wrote way back in 2003. It was originally entitled, "How Convenient For Me The Rain Fell Before Your Tears," but it seemed to be such a long title so I decided to repost that as, "Convenience." As a project, I am starting to gather a portfolio of my works so that I can share my poetry with other people.

Comments (4)

On September 22, 2008 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous said...

found your blog through gravity's links. nice poem! in fact, i love it. :-) btw, i think i like your original title better, though admittedly, i, in my work, prefer one word titles. write on!

 
On September 22, 2008 at 10:20 PM , Rchrd said...

thanks zee! appreciate the comment. i'll drop by your site. care to exchange links?

 
On September 23, 2008 at 11:28 AM , Anonymous said...

linked you already. :-D

 
On September 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM , Rchrd said...

thanks zee!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin