I've been thinking and these are the things that I realized:

I have become too attached to things. I cannot let go of things - especially people. It's like I am juggling balls in the air and recently, I noticed that some of the balls have been getting heavier, taking a toll on me. I realized that if I continue to juggle them, time will come that all of the balls I have so long kept will be lost to me.

However, if I think of it that way, you can say that I am trapped in a dilemma. Now, I've reconstructed the whole metaphor of my situation. It's like now, I am holding on to so many Gummi Bears. Now, if I open my hands, it's not up to me to keep the gummi bears safe in place but for them to cling on to my hands. That puts a lot of things into perspective, huh?

That way, I am not imposing my friendship on people. They have the option to leave as they please. That also saves my energy because I do not need to exert so much effort in maintaining things that do not want to be maintained. Now, I have accepted the reality of impermanence and change.

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin