There's no use in living in the past because the future is always before us.

- Clow Reed
I do agree to this quote but on some aspects, I have a different opinion. I think that the past is the best source of strength for a person. I once told my friend, Kathy, to reminisce about the good times with her friend when she asked me what to do when her friend felt sad.

In my view, the past is a solid thing that keeps you moving forward. There is no such thing as living in the past because the past are the things that have gone. We cannot live in that world. To live in the past is to pass away... or so I believe.

Back to my reason for having said that to Kathy, I believe that the past is the only permanent thing in our lives. Our perception of it can be distorted and clouded but nevertheless, it still will remain. It will never change and has no capacity to do so unless time travel would be possible. Since it will never change, things that are beautiful and happy in the past will remain to be that way even if the same situation means something else in the present.

We can always count on it for support and strength. Although the past is composed of things that left a person, it can never leave the person. It just stays there waiting to gather more things that have outlived its presence.

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin