Back in 2003, I saw the book The Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paolo Coelho. My first impulse was to buy the book because I was a fan of the author ever since I laid my claws on his book the Alchemist. I wanted to buy the book but during that time, I was as irresponsible so I always did not have enough money. As it turns out, 4 years later and after having read The Valkyries, I suddenly had this yearning to buy the book.


I can say that I have learned so many things about Paolo Coelho starting with the Alchemist, Veronika Decides to Die and Eleven minutes but it was not until I read the Valkyries that I felt this chilling sensation that Paolo Coelho is not just an author. I feel that he is also a magus in the truest sense of the word. And here he is now, writing a manual so other people can follow his path.


From what I've read, The Manual of the Warrior of Light was between 1993 and 1996 but later on consolidated as a book last 1997. It gives us the metaphor of a warrior's code of honor or bushido in the samurai's language to impart a philosophy. I am now saving up money to buy this book. I'm excited to buy this book!
The front cover of the book titled Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paulo Coelho.
Source URL:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/paulo-coelho/manual-of-warrior-of-light.htm

Comments (1)

On August 15, 2007 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous said...

rchrd, hello!
I'm also a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog, if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"At every moment of our lives, we have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss."

See u there and have a great day!
Aart

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin