I am now thankful that I have been watching the primetime news on tv. Before, I used to ignore it because of all the gorey news that I see in it but this time, its different. Just the other night, the news featured the Algorithm Dance performed by 1,600 inmates of the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center. It was a dance craze popularized by a Japanese kids show and from what I've read on the net, the prison adopted it as part of their fitness regime for their inmates. Good thing the video camera has already been invented because they were able to capture this feat of art, talent and synchronicity on video.

Alas, I do not have the capacity to put a direct vid feed on this post but here's a link from BBC News that has a vid feed. Philippine jailhouse rocks to Thriller.

Hurray for the inmates! Thank god for this new Japanese craze!

Comments (1)

On November 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin