A regular Sunday for me yesterday: woke up around 0900HRS, drank coffee while smoking my nth cigarette, listened to music and texted with my friends, sleep again and smoke and drink coffee.

In the afternoon, my mom asked me to go with her to MAKRO so she can shop for ingredients for her business. I casually obliged because I was feeling like a good boy yesterday. I carried 2 plastic bags each weighing 5 kilos or more (so much for my lampa image. In exchange, I asked my mom to buy me a bottle of wine.

When we got home, my aunt wanted me to go to Makro with her AGAIN. I knew I was in for another big load when its about time to go home but i was feeling like a good nephew this time. He he he. This time, I coerced my aunt to buy me a bag of instant lomi.

In Makro, my sister called me up asking where we were. I said, "Makro. Why?" She asked us to wait for her because she will also do some shopping. I was feeling like a good brother so I automatically assumed that my load would be bigger. He he he. Guess what? I asked my sister to buy me ice cream.

What a nice day?!

So why the title Absolute Boy? Because after watching the Lord of the Rings in QTv, they plugged it so I stayed on the channel. The plot* centers around two major arcs in the storyline, the first centering around Ayumu Aizawa, who is visiting his father in the small town of Tana during the summer; and the second centers around Kisa Tanigawa in Yokohama, a year and a half since the events of the first arc.

Summer Arc

The first twelve episodes of the series focus on the day-to-day life of Ayumu Aizawa as he visits his father in the town where he is the local veterinarian. Ayumu has spent his visit thus far aimlessly biking across the valley, but a chance meeting with a girl named Miku sends him searching for a long-lost friend of his, Wakkun. Upon finding Wakkun, he discovers that the boy has not aged since he and Ayumu played as children. Wakkun is also wearing clothes very similar to the raincoat and galoshes that Ayumu wore habitually as a child. Wakkun introduces Ayumu to his two friends, Dosshiru(Doss) and Shisshin(Sence), mysterious flying objects that alternate between a mechanical form and a sphere of yellow light.These lights seem to be invisible to most of the people in town, but appear in reflections in people and animals' eyes. A local reporter, Sukawara, shows up, attracted by reports of kappa and other mysterious events. She follows the animals, notably a cat one of the local boys saw fighting a kappa, to the yellow lights, and grills a reluctant Ayumu for information. Unable to remember the summer he spent in Tana as a child, Ayumu, with the help of Miku and several other people from Tana, tries to understand what happened when he was a child, and the mysterious connection between him, Wakkun, Dosshiru(Doss), and Shisshin(Sense).


Winter Arc

One and a half years later, Kisa Tanigawa, a depressed high school student routinely skips class. One evening, while wandering aimlessly around the city, she stumbles upon another mysterious mechanical object. Naming it "Bun-chan" or "Ping" in the English dub, after the sound it makes, she takes it home and treats it as a pet. When she was building a fish out of old scraps of metal, the fishes top fin does not stay so Bun-chan(Ping)helps glue it on. However, Akira Sukawara, a reporter trying to prove the existence of the mysterious objects that appeared at the Cat Dance in Tana a year and half ago, which she calls "material fairies,", hears about Bun-chan(Ping) and, upon witnessing a meeting between Kisa and Ayumu, terms Bun-chan not a material fairy, but a "material evil," since its outward appearance does not resemble those of the material fairies spotted in Tana. The material fairies and the material evils, however, seem to be at war with each other. When the three meet, Dosshiru(Doss), Shisshin(Sense)and Bun-chan(Ping). Dosshiru(Doss) and Shisshin(Sense) start chassing Bun-chan(Ping) and soon Dosshiru(Doss) and Shisshin(Sense) destroy Bun-chan(Ping), leaving Kisa very upset that Bun-chan(Ping) is gone. After a while the connection of Kisa's fish's metal fin starts glowing. One night the fish turns into a sprite form of Bun-chan(Ping). Kisa then decides to name ot Bob(Eng).The city's population becomes increasingly aware of the situation as pictures of the material evils, spheres of blue light, circulate among cell-phone users, accompanied by rumors that they bring good luck. Murals appear urging people to think and trust themselves. Eventually, a giant spiral, resembling the metal construction of the material evils, appears in the sky, and the police evacuate a section of the city. Some of the same phenomena are present as in Tana, such as the failure of electronic devices.



*from Wikipedia

check out their official website http://www.zettai-shonen.com/ for more info on Absolute Boy

Comments (2)

On August 4, 2007 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous said...

wow lampa image! hehe. good boy ka naman yata talaga naturally eh.

 
On August 10, 2007 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous said...

thanks rob... hahaha. i am... really Ü

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin