While I was updating my blog sometime this past week, I got a text message coming from my friend Lovie. Nung una, I was very happy to hear from her because I lost my phone due to freakin' stupidity (kwento ko na lang some other time). Anyway, she said she has some news about one of our dearest friends back in college.

When I clicked on "read" on my cel... guess what!? She said our friend Pits died.

Hindi ko na alam ang iisiipin ko. This year, dalawa nang kaibigan ko ang namatay. First was Muller. He was one of my office mates. Ngayon naman, si Pits. Kung nalungkot ako sa pagkawala ni Muller, mas malungkot ako sa pagkawala ni Pits dahil mas matagal na kaming magkakilala.

When we met, nagkasundo na kami kaagad. That was in the basketball area of LaSalle during the recruitment week for school orgs. Dahil ako ang VP for Tambayan, siyempre andun ako, manning the booth. Napakakulit na mama yan si Pits. Palatawa pa. Jokester and sometimes, the subject of his own jokes is himself. Mabait pa yan. He would attend our weekly prayer meetings and iyakan ng bayan. Pag may mga problema ang mga tao, marunong siya makinig and to give his own advice.

And then of course, there was the good times. Sa kanya ko natutunan ang katagang sprite genie (sprite na may gin). Madalas kami mag-inuman and he would even let everybody stay in his place kapag inabot na kami ng hating-gabi just to keep everybody safe.

Sabi ni Lovie, next Friday na daw ang funeral. But the thing is, nasa Binangonan ang wake and I don't know how to get there. Hopefully makapunta ako sa burol man lang.

To every body that reads this post, please play this game called High Delivery from Orisinal.com. Each flower you collect gets offered to Pit's memory.

hd

Technorati Tags:

Comments (1)

On July 9, 2008 at 12:17 PM , Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear of his passing!
Well, I guess that's what really life is all about. Making the most out of everything coz you'll never know when would be your last day on earth.

Regards,

http://bienthoughts.blogspot.com/

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin