The light of the moon is sometimes a burden that reminds me, Light is always heavier than darkness. Darkness always subsides whenever Light impresses its presence. Could it be that the new moon is affecting me? I am feeling a mean streak coming over me.

Two days ago, I got little stones stuck inside my shoe. It was uncomfortable. Every step, the pebbles stabbed at my soles and I felt the sharpness. The next day, going to work, of course I had to put on the same pair of shoes and I deliberately left the pebbles in my right shoe.

I had this notion that it will be my constant reminder that life is hard but we must keep moving on. With the same discomfort and pain, I went to work, finished my 10 hour shift and even went out to brunch with my office friends. Still each step was a tad painful but after a while, the little stones got crushed under my weight. By the time I got home, there was practically no trace of the pebbles that got stuck in my shoe.

Lessons in life can always be found in the simplest of things.

Comments (2)

On January 7, 2009 at 6:28 PM , Anonymous said...

"Lessons in life can always be found in the simplest of things.">>> Indeed.

Nice use of pebbles to illustrate the transition of life's pains to relief and comfort.

 
On January 7, 2009 at 7:57 PM , Rchrd said...

Wow! you found this post? it's such an old one but you still got to it. thanks for reading through my blog.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin