I saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose tonight. It gives me the creeps with all the hair on my back standing on end. It made me think a lot about the dark side again. Nothing much to tell about it though.

On a heavier note, I saw Discovery's Inside and it featured the Tennessee State Penitentiary for women. There's a part there that made me say, " Damn! Talk about a double edge blade! " This is the toughest catch 21 I've ever encountered.

The show featured a mother-and-daughter in-mate. The mom was going free earlier than her daughter. The problem is, the mom is sick and might just die before her daughter is set free.

Then, there's this woman who broke a parole duty. In her defense, she said she had to attend to her mom in Texas who had an injury: the elevator the mom was riding fell 4 floors. Since she rushed to her mom's side, she failed to inform her parole officer. That's why she went in again. Catch? She just found out 3 days ago, she is pregnant.

Here's the thing that will take the whole cake. Freedom is about choices. Here, an inmate was sentenced to death but the state of Tennessee banned electrocution. Good thing? You spoke too soon. Now, she has to decide if she wants to be executed using lethal injection or still go through the electric chair shebang!

So here I am contemplating about the sadness that we call the human condition.

Indeed, hell is here on earth. It's the devil's playground. And I am left with my mouth gaping open.

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin