Sometimes, we can only see the beauty of things we take for granted when we change our perspective.

As I was bored out of my wits last week, I took a picture of our rafters. It was a half-hearted shot and a surprise when the picture came out really well. The over exposure of the lower left part of the picture contrasted nicely with the underexposed top right portion. The shadows were really dark and the light parts exposed the ridges of our roof.

With that first picture, I started to look around the house and tried to find other parts of the house that would look good on camera given the proper angle and perspectives.

The left middle picture, the one colored pink is my current bed spread. The right middle picture is the jalousie frame of my window. The bottom picture is of our bench in the living room. All these pictures came out really well.

However, I took the pictures with the black and white setting of my camera phone so I decided to colorize the photographs to add more appeal.

Given that I am not a professional at this, I would like to say that I am proud of these pictures because they surprised me; I always thought that our house was quite ugly and unfinished, but when I looked at it with a different perspective, I was able to appreciate its beauty.

Comments (2)

On July 14, 2009 at 11:39 PM , lucas said...

well you should be proud of them because they're brilliant shots. i can see that you have an eye for detail. perspective really matters. how you look at things dictates how you will choose to see everything else... :)

thanks for dropping. i like the name of your blog! poetic and soooooooo hardcore-emo----ish :P

i linked you up.

 
On July 15, 2009 at 12:39 AM , Rchrd said...

thank you Lucas. :-) i will also link you to my blog. in fact, you'll fit well under the featured blogs section. thank you!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin