Lesson 3. Don't listen to a word that your neighbors say.

1986 - Year 3 in the life of Rchrd.

Back in 1986, I can't really remember much but I do remember two things: my sister was born on 1986 and my neighbors said so many things about her already.

They were saying, "Hala hindi ka na mahal ng Daddy mo. May iba na siyang mahal." Roughly translated, they said that I was in big trouble because my Daddy had a new kid to love; he would not love me anymore. Much of that threat became ingrained in me as I was growing up. Because of that, I bullied my sister. I used to say that she was ugly just because I really thought that she was replacing me in the hearts of my parents. It is sad to say but I was not a good big brother to my sister when we were growing up.

Looking back in time, I feel bad about it. Even though we were bitter enemies when we were kids, I now appreciate my sister in so many ways. She is one person that equalls me intellectually. We could have conversations about genetics and art in the easiest manner. Just this Sunday, we watched Harry Potter 6, and she treated because I didn't have enough budget to watch a movie.

I wouldn't have this regret if I didn't listen to my stupid -- yes they are stupid -- neighbors. Had I known what I know now, I would have taken better care of her.

The picture came from this website: http://architel.com/2008/05/01/gossip-or-networking-2/.

Comments (2)

On July 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous said...

at buti na lang mas maayos kayo ngayon. now you have your whole lives ahead of you to improve your relationship , di ba?

 
On July 21, 2009 at 2:25 PM , lucas said...

napanood ko na din HP6. it was so depressing and i soooooooo like it! loved the dark tone...

just sift through what people say. cut away the weeds and keep the flowers. :)


---
wala pa akong nababasang zhuangzi but i like the quote. it could be interpreted in so many ways...

thanks.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin