It is uncanny how the rain would let us swell up with melancholy or be misty eyed with nostalgia. The lightest of gray in the sky, the most scattered shower and the softest of cool breezes would most often than not, launch us into a frenzy of memories, lovers past, and happy times gone by. The cold will lead us to look into the farthest reaches of recollection for that comforting embrace of a lover beside our beds but when you look to your side, it will just be the same cold, still lingering in the sheets that we still find. And soon, a warm tear might actually find its way down the side of our cheeks.

That was how I felt earlier this morning when I arrived home. I am still feeling sick. I got another bout of pharyngitis and I am thinking of having my tonsils taken out. Still thinking about credit card payments. Bills. Worries.

I tried my best to fall asleep as soon as I could so I could run away from the loneliness brought on by the rain.

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin