I've first encountered Wislawa Szymborska when one day, I bought a DVD of the film Turn Left, Turn Right. As I was watching, the heroine of the story recited a poem called Love at First Sight. I liked the poem instantly and I became curious about the poet and her other poems.

My search for Wislawa wasn't very easy because for one thing, her name is very difficult to spell. When I got through to one site telling about her, I found myself on Nobelprize.org and I was happy to find out that she was a Nobel Prize winner for literature in 1996.

I was telling everybody about her then and one of my friends, Donna, told me she had a collection of Wislawa's poems and I asked her if I could borrow it. She lent it to me and I almost didn't want to give it back to her.

You may read about Wislawa Szymborska and her poems through these links

Comments (0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin