anthelus impar


Flying through air,
posted on an envelope,
a butterfly pair
arrives in the mail.

Arhopala anthelus impar:
blue and black
and parantica danatti danatti:
white patterns broken by dark veins.

I held the letter and admired the stamps.
Tearing paper,
carefully unfolding letter
shows red ink
and cursive handwriting.

Wormed through
smudged words,
I peeled the stamps
off the envelope

and let the letter flutter in the wind.

I never thought that I would find the exact stamp that I was looking for. That blue one is really the stamp I wrote about. I just can't find the Parantica stamp. This poem actually came as a surprise from one of my really old blogs and I did not expect to find it yet again.

It was written on May 17th, 2007. According to my notes, my friend Charisma inspired me to write it. I just forgot the circumstance that brought it on. Nevertheless, I think that it is a good poem.

Comments (2)

On January 6, 2009 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous said...

A good poem, indeed. I can relate because I also collect stamps ;)

 
On January 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous said...

beautiful poem. timeless. :-D

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin