fingernail orchids
obsidian eyes
fern-leaf ears
blue bottle necks
fish bone smile

slices of the familiar
tossed together
would make an alien salad

but only the tongue can decide if it is palatable.

This is just a poem that came out of my weird play on words. I am not quite sure if I would really consider it poetry but I did decide to go with vanity and put it here. I think, based on my files at least, this poem was written around the time of June 8th, 2006. If I remember correctly, the first line I wrote was fingernail orchids. Doesn't that sound exotic?

By the way, who would've know that I could find a fitting picture for this post?! Initially, I posted this without a picture but I went and googled using the key word "alien salad" and the perfect image came up. I would like to thank Till Nowak for making this. I found this image in Scott Beale's Site, LaughingSquid.com.

Comments (1)

On December 12, 2008 at 5:25 AM , Christopher Trottier said...

Very good. I also write poetry, and I can tell you that poetry is a very tough game. I admire anyone who is willing to try their hand at it. Keep making wonderful art.

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin