"It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog... ." The lyrics kept on playing in my head. I've been working so hard these past few days. However, contrary to what others may feel, I think I am still blessed because I have a creative and intellectual job, my boss is cool, and, most of all, I can do some of the work at home.

I've been working as an essay tutor. I help students make essay revisions by pointing out their essay's strengths and weaknesses. I am so glad that I found this job because it let's me be creative. I am free to deal with it any way that I wish, except doing it in a rude way. I've even created my own set of rules to effective writing. In addition to that, it lets me think. I am challenged intellectually. Every essay is different so I must think of the best ways to help the students improve their essays. I can't wish for anything else.

Working at our office is also great because my supervisor is so cool. We can talk to her as if we were just friends. Don't get me wrong, we are friends but in the workplace, rank still has its weight. However, she does not really impose on us. She just tells us about updates and our targets.

Comments (3)

On October 13, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Anonymous said...

Nakakainis. Nabura yung comment ko kanina. Take two:
Bakit ikaw you can be creative in this job? Sometimes I can be, pero I think I can be more creative when I'm up on my feet yung mobile ako. Active. Tumatakbo. Kasi dito naka-pirme lang ako. Baka pang-performing arts nga talaga ko. Haha. Anyway, sabi ko nga sa sarili ko gusto kong magsulat.

Pwede na rin naman 'to diba? Let's find a way to be creative. Hehe.

 
On October 14, 2008 at 12:37 AM , Rchrd said...

Baba, kasi ako yung taong kahit di gumagalaw, mabilis takbo ng isip. Parang reptiles. Kayang di gumalaw pero nag-iisip lang pala ng mabisang paraan ng pag-atake. Ü

 
On November 1, 2008 at 11:36 PM , Reich said...

i've never heard of an essay tutor. ayos!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin